Responsible for Planning, Development and Management of all aspects of Community Planning, master plan development, comprehensive, natural resources, and redevelopment planning: ordinance development; plan implementation strategies; and the design and facilitation of related public participation programs.
Manage the LRBOI Tribal Roads Program. To provide a means for the Tribe for the acquisition, and appropriate use, of historic tribal lands, and ensure there is sufficient and appropriate land base for the Cultural, social and economic development of the Little River Band of Ottawa Indians now and in the future.
- Manage and follow the guidelines of the Land Use Plan adopted by the Tribe.
- Maintain current copies of all local units of governments (Manistee and Mason counties) zoning ordinances, master plans, land use plans, recreational and forest management and corridor management plans.
- Land acquisition and use.
- Administer the Tribal Roads Program.
- Work with the BIA roads, Federal Highway Administration, Michigan Department of Transportation, Region 10b roads (Manistee, Wexford and Missaukee counties), Manistee Co. Road Commission, National Tribal roads departments, and Tribal Technical Assistance Program.
- Projects the Roads program currently cover is: Road Right of Way, curb cuts for access drives, proposed roads, road inventory, traffic counts, traffic accidents data/counts, also the Indian Reservation Roads.
- Long Range Transportation Plan
- Land Use Plan, Governmental Strategic Plan, Master Plan, Long Range Transportation Plan, Renewable Energy Plan and creation of Governmental Complex Master Plan.
- Tribal Cemetery Master Plan
- Work with the following Organizations:
- Northwest Michigan Council of Governments
- Planners Review and Advisory Committee
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Indigenous Planning Division of APA
- Michigan Association of Planning
- Michigan State University-Extension
- Envision Manistee Initiative
- Regional Energy Planners
- Tribal building code enforcement and inspection compliance.
- Issue building permits upon completion of building permit application and site plan reviews.
- Issue Certificate of Occupancy upon satisfactory completion of all inspections.
- Create and assist in the Implementation of the Renewable Energy Plan for the Tribe.
- Anemometer information collection.
- Recommendations for additions to building codes and site plans to incorporate renewable energy and energy efficiencies.
- Coordinates with the Michigan Energy Fair annually.
- Renewable Energy Planning and Assessment Report